Academic Emergency Management and Related Courses
The college-level courses noted below have been contract-developed for the FEMA Emergency Management Higher Education Project by, in most cases, practicing college/university faculty. The primary intent is for college and university faculty to add these courses to their curriculum, drawing, in whole or in part, from the material provided below. These college courses are not taught at FEMA's Emergency Management Institute.
- Emergency Management Principles and Application for Tourism, Hospitality, and Travel Management Industries (Summary)
- Individual and Community Disaster
- Additional Material
- Hurricane Strike (product for middle school students) http://meted.ucar.edu/emgmt/access.htm
This is an access page that gives you the choice of running it from the Web or download it to your computer (if you have low bandwidth).
- National Incident Management Systems Course (NIMS)
- Political and Policy Basis of Emergency Management (Summary)
- Social Vulnerability
Approach to Disasters (Summary)
- Additional Social Vulnerability Course Material