Emergency Management Job Market Data
- Heaton, B. (2013) The Job Market: Are emergency management graduates finding jobs. Emergency Management, 8, 40-42.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics 11-9161 Emergency Management Directors
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Employment & Wages, 2009. Emergency Management Specialist.
- Emergency Management and Related Labor Market Data and Statistics, 2005 - 73KB MS Word
- Details Report for: 13-1061.00 – Emergency Management Specialists. Occupational Information Network O*NET OnLine, http://online.onetcenter.org/link/details/13-1061.00
- Webster, Henry Clay. Best Jobs 2011: Emergency Management Specialist. As one of the 50 Best Jobs of 2011, this should have strong growth over the next decade
- Career Opportunities at www.usajobs.gov. Use keyword "FEMA" and "DHS".
- Students: Check out the current information regarding federal student opportunities using the following on-line resources:
- Wasiolek, Janusz. (2011, June 16). Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management? Emergency Management Blog. Retrieved from http://www.emergencymgmt.com/training/Career-in-Emergency-Management-061511.html
- The Many Pathways of Emergency Management (presented at the 15th Annual Emergency Management Higher Education Conference, June 4-7, 2012)
Description: The field of Emergency Management is growing rapidly. It stretches in many different directions such as public administration, environmental sciences, social sciences, engineering, public health, and many others. Often administrators and students believe that Emergency Management is just the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). This presentation can be utilized as a guide to help everyone, including students, administrators, and enrollment services, understand the diversity of Emergency Management. The presentation sheds light on the many different pathways that lead to and from the core of Emergency Management. It puts Emergency Management in a perspective that can help with career direction, educational advancement, course work collaboration, and program development.
Presenter: Joseph Arsenault
- Program Coordinator
- Emergency Disaster Management Program
- Community College of Rhode Island
- Warwick, RI